Have you undergone a hair transplant? Are you unhappy with the result of the hair transplant? Do you want to know why hair transplant fail? Or do you want to get a hair transplant done & are worried whether it will be successful or not?
A lot of people ask us about the success rate of hair transplant. They get scared just thinking that the hair transplant may fail. Some people have successful hair transplant surgeries while some do not. The success of hair transplant surgery depends upon several factors.
Let’s see what are the factors that may cause hair transplant surgery to fail or have unsuccessful or unsatisfactory results.
1) Not an ideal candidate for hair transplant: Sometimes the patient may not have sufficient donor area or some may be less than 25 years of age. Some people may even have unstable hair loss. These patients are not ideal candidates for a hair transplant. The hair transplant process is not suitable for everyone. There are conditions in which a hair transplant can fail. Sometimes your hair loss may not be enough for hair transplant procedures. In this case, if you get a hair transplant done & it is not successful, the hair loss in the future may look unnatural or odd.
2) Inexperienced surgeon: Hair transplant is a meticulous process, it requires a lot of practice & patience. It takes considerable time & effort to master the skills of surgery. One of the main reasons behind unsuccessful hair transplant is inexperienced surgeon. Experienced doctors are having good knowledge of donor-recipient ratio. They understand the type of hair loss & pattern of hair growth & design the hairline accordingly. Did you know that 30 % of hair transplants in India fail because of bad hairlines?
3) Insufficient post-operative care: Taking care of yourself after the hair transplant procedure is as important as the operation itself.
Not taking sufficient care of your scalp may result in scalp infection. It is very normal for your scalp to itch after a hair transplant. This is a normal part of the healing process. Avoid scratching as this may increase the chances of infection. Improper washing may lead to scabbing on the scalp. Sometimes serious infections may occur due to poor hygiene conditions.
4) Dishonesty in hair transplant clinics: Nowadays a lot of clinics suggest hair transplants only to take economic advantage of their patients. Some clinics use advertising gimmicks, stay away from these clinics. Many clinics promote themselves as they will be
transplanting a large number of grafts. Generally, hair transplant surgeons don’t specify no. of grafts in the initial stage. it is not possible for you to count each graft that is extracted. For this reason, checking the reputation of the doctor & clinic as well as patient reviews is highly important. You should conduct research on the doctor’s level of experience to evaluate the credibility of hair transplant clinics.
5) Not handling the grafts well: It is extremely important to handle the grafts properly & professionally during the hair transplant. Otherwise, the grafts may get damaged or wasted. Special skills are required to implant grafts correctly. This is why the surgeon should be highly trained with these special skills. Other than this, if the right grafts are not used during the hair transplant, the
surgery may fail.
6) Poor techniques & unequipped operation theatre: See, each graft is an individual life structure. These grafts are very delicate.
If during the surgery, the root of the graft is held, the graft will be permanently damaged. In fact, according to some studies, if the grafts are planted within three hours after extraction from the donor area, their survival rate will be up to 95%. Their survival rate may reduce after 3 hours. That is why it is important to handle & store the grafts really well. Proper cold storage is necessary for storing grafts. If the grafts are not stored properly, they will get wasted & the hair transplant may be unsuccessful.
7) Post-operative recovery phase after hair transplant surgery. This phase is pretty long. Usually, it takes 6-12 months for the results of hair transplant surgery to be visible, so be patient.
#AskDrDc #hairmdindia #drdhananjaychavan #hairtransplantfail#hairloss #hairtransplant
Hair transplant review: Patient testimonial
HairMD Facebook Community:
Connect with me through Video Consultation & share your queries
वीडियो देखने के लिए धन्यवाद Why Hair Transplant Fail: 6 Factors For Hair Transplant Failure | HairMD, Pune | (In HINDI)